- 9 months support span.
- VLC, Cantata Qt5 music player & Muon package manager are now shipped as default replacing Dragon Player, Amarok and Plasma discover.
- Ktorrent, Krita, KDevelop and many KDE applications are updated.
- KDE Plasma 5.10 is default DE.
Many applications are removed because they were either outdated or users wanted to change. This is a good step as it makes it more stable and useful. For instance, many users wanted VLC as default rather than dragon player as VLC does almost all jobs on all PCs.
The first thing you come across after booting is two options regarding your choice whether to install or try in live environment. Then there is simple, clean desktop as you can see below.
You can try messing with DE as you want. A lot of options to tweak are available. File copying, media playing, surfing and all your jobs can be done without any issues. I changed the default wallpaper, theme, some settings, installing apps from the store as well as manually and kind of daily jobs and everything was really smooth.
- (1720519) KDE/Kubuntu: pulseaudio module “module-switch-on-connect” should be loaded once at most. Refusing to load
- (1716092) Enabling Auto switching streams on new active output causes pulseaudio to crash
- Bugsearch results link
- (1706859) Auto-selected keyboard layout no longer matches chosen region on “Where are you” page
- (1447144) oem-config forgets to update /etc/sddm.conf
- (1442512) Apport-kde crash when reporting bugs
- (1449265) accounts kcm can not change user’s password because password is missing
- (1451728) kde-config-telepathy-accounts package install error
- (1514491) kubuntu desktop inconsistency and integration issues: scrollbars. gtk3 button placement also not integrated
- (1561745) OEM config fails to remove itself
- (1638473) Blank screen after running oem-config
What I experienced:-
- Bit glitches and lags at certain moments (very rare).
- My wifi card showed less range than usual as it’s driver issues. Change your driver if you have the same issue.
There is a workaround for pulseaudio bug as reported in release notes. However it’s not sure it will definitely work, but it’s worth trying.
editing /etc/pulse/default.pa and commenting the last 3 lines: